About Western Kentucky University:
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is a student-centered, applied-research institution committed to providing its students with a transformative academic and social experience and to elevating its surrounding communities. Founded in 1906, WKU is the second largest undergraduate institution in the Commonwealth of Kentucky with approximately 15,035 students (29% first generation, 18% underrepresented minority) and just over 2,500 faculty and staff employees.
Western Kentucky University is committed to empowering its campus community to embrace diversity by building equitable and inclusive learning, working, and living environments. At the heart of our mission, we seek to provide holistic education and employment experiences that prepare students, faculty, and staff to become effective scholars, contributors, and leaders in our diverse and evolving communities.
Located 65 miles north of Nashville, TN, and just over 100 miles south of Louisville, KY, WKU's main campus is in Bowling Green, KY - a city with approximately 70,000 residents. Our population is ethnically diverse, with more than 85 languages spoken in and around Bowling Green, and people from 35 nationalities call our community home.
Western Kentucky University seeks to attract talented faculty and staff who are inspired individually to contribute to WKU's strategic plans and ongoing success. We offer comprehensive wellness and health benefits to employees and their families, including domestic partners and other qualified dependents and take pride in providing a workplace culture that supports balancing the responsibilities of work and family life. Paid-time off for holidays, vacation and sick leave, and a tuition discount program for employees and dependents are also provided. Learn more about WKU and Bowling Green at wku.edu/about.
The University Controller/Treasurer reports to the Assistant Vice President for Budget, Finance and Analytics. The following duties are customary for this position but are not to be construed as all inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Strategic finance oversight: cash flow analysis and forecasting, bond ratings, banking relationships
- Oversee multiple functions including: Accounting & Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Grants and Contacts Accounting, Insurance (Property & Vehicle) and Tax Compliance, Payroll, and Travel
- Maintain oversight of physical and financial resources of the institution, including establishing and monitoring strong internal control systems
- Implement and maintain systems of cash flow management , including reporting, analysis, forecasting, and ensuring adequate institutional cash needs
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of all financial transactions, and supervise annual financial audits of the university
- Maintain responsibility for financial and regulatory obligations including issuance of university bonds, preparing bond disclosure information, and preparing federal tax returns
- Oversee all external financial reporting and filings with all Commonwealth of Kentucky agencies, as well as grantor agencies
- Develop constructive external relationships with individuals, organizations and other governmental agencies considered advantageous to WKU
- Perform other internal and external service and oversight functions including university committee service
- Assure compliance with all federal, state and local tax regulations, including reporting and payment
- Collect and prepare information for retirement reporting for state retirement plans, including remittances
- Ad hoc reports and projects as assigned by the AVP for Budget, Finance and Analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- At least five years of experience in Accounting
- CPA certification
Salary Range: $105,000 - $125,000
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is committed to a policy and practice of providing equal employment and educational opportunities to all individuals. In accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no form of discrimination or harassment will be tolerated at WKU on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Institutional Equity. To request an accommodation, report a complaint, or ask questions regarding WKU's Discrimination and Harassment Policy (#0.2040), please contact Ms. Ena Demir, Executive Director/Title IX Coordinator via email at email@example.com or by phone at (270) 745-6867. Ms. Demir is also responsible for coordinating the University's response to complaints related to sex and gender harassment. Additional information regarding Title IX is accessible via WKU's https://www.wku.edu/titleix/ website.
Information concerning educational programs offered by WKU are provided at: http://www.wku.edu/atwku/academics.php
For information related to job postings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items must be submitted through this electronic talent management system:
- Cover Letter
You will receive email confirmation that your submission has been received. The candidate review process will generally begin as materials are received.
Quicklink to apply: http://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=172249