Network Engineer (#S3646PO)
The University of Vermont is looking for an experienced network engineer with the ability to design, build and troubleshoot complex high speed networks which are composed of wired, wireless, VoIP, fiber optic components and Firewalls. The UVM network consists of IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity and is a multi-homed redundantly connected network to commercial as well as Internet II and commercial peering. UVM also serves as the anchor I2 institution for Vermont providing connectivity to K-12 and other eligible community anchor organizations. We currently connect 20 remote sites with a combination of DWDM and Ethernet Services back to campus and have 194 buildings on campus.
UVM is a comprehensive research university, and offers its employees competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including tuition remission.
- Bachelors Degree in CS or EE or related discipline and four years experience in design, troubleshooting, and management of medium or large sized enterprise TCP/IP networks required.
- Knowledge of Cisco switching architecture, security practices.
- Knowledge of wireless design principles and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP principles, configurations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls and VPNs.
- Experience with Radius and/or 802.1X, SAML/SSO authentication.
For more information, visit our website: https://go.uvm.edu/networkengineer
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.