Administrative Program Support 3
Incumbents in this position are expected to be responsible for the day-to-day administration of financial transactions and the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) comprehensive organizational development and training services. They are expected to act independently within the vision, mission, values, and goals established by DSS, federal, and state legislation. Works under the direction of a manager. Leads professional and non-professional staff, as well as business, and/or administrative operation of a moderately sized department of cross-disciplinary services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents the Department/Division Head to all levels of University officials, outside agencies, and others, with authority to act on behalf of the Department/Unit Head.
- Advises and assists the Department/Unit Head on the full range of complex administrative and business matters related to programs and activities.
- Serves as a principle source of information regarding the interpretation and application of policies and regulations governing department/unit activities and programs.
- Establishes internal operating procedures and makes changes as needed to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
- Develops and makes recommendations for budget requests and manages the approved budget. Approves expenditures and serves as an authoritative source of budget and fiscal information.
- Oversees a system of accounting and fiscal record keeping in accordance with standard accounting practice.
- Compiles data and information from a variety of sources to generate and prepare narrative and informational reports.
- Engages in public relations and promotional activities. Facilitates and assists in planning meetings, conferences, and events.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Four to five years of related experience.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to identify and resolve complex administrative problems.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and administrators as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically in Outlook and Word.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience.
- Experience in contract development and management.
- Experience in inventory control.
- Experience in business analytics or production analysis and reporting.
- Experience in budget development.
- Experience in administrative oversight, management, and reporting of time allocation systems like Clockify, JIRA, or similar applications.
- Experience with procurement systems.
- Experience with small vendor procurement and management.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496532 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 29, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.