Assistant Director Admissions Marketing, Hybrid Remote
Assistant Director Admissions Marketing, Hybrid Remote
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is searching for an Assistant Director of Admissions for Marketing. Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Marketing, the Assistant Director will be responsible for managing all admissions print and web collateral in collaboration with the centralized Marketing and Communications team. The primary objective of the Assistant Director will be to create clear and compelling content and effective publications (viewbooks, college fair brochures, website pages, event materials, etc.) for both the recruitment and outreach and student engagement and marketing teams. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
This position will offer flexibility for a hybrid remote work arrangement for applicants with a residence within OH/IN/KY. Remote work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies.
- Assist in the determination of policies and procedures for the recruitment and admission of students.
- Advise and maintain liaison with the directors of various projects and special programs on campus and in outside agencies regarding admission of target populations.
- Coordinate admission of students including counseling students and parents, reviewing applications, determining eligibility, and recommending alternatives whenever appropriate.
- Assist in determining budget needs for respective areas.
- May coordinate student recruitment for assigned geographic area.
- Lead efforts associated with a function of the Office of Admissions such as recruitment, communications, events/visits, operations and processing, or the recruitment of strategic populations and associated programs.
- Represent Office of Admissions at state and national professional meetings, college fairs, etc.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
Three (3) years relevant experience in admissions, student services, marketing, public relations, or communications.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, journalism, English, graphic design, marketing, public relations, business, or a related field.
- Superior grammatical and writing abilities.
- Experience creating marketing pitches, infographics, presentations, websites/landing pages, digital, print and online media, blogs, and other marketing materials for strategic audiences.
- Experience with Slate or other CRM software.
- Previous supervisory experience of professional staff.
- Proficiency with Adobe products including InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
- Strong knowledge of digital and print marketing best practices.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work select evenings and weekends (5-10 times per year).
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://bit.ly/3vrOS4MI. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- A resume.
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position).
- List of three (3) professional references.
- Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $48,500 - $53,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.