Staff Assistant II, Entrepreneurship
Staff Assistant II, Entrepreneurship
The John P. Lowth Entrepreneurship Center in the Sykes College of Business at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Staff Assistant II. This position will report to and provide support to the Entrepreneurship Center Director and the Manager of Operations in the Center. The Staff Assistant II will work in a fast-paced environment to plan, promote, coordinate, implement, and execute entrepreneurship-focused academic programs, activities, events, and publications.
- Provide administrative support to the Entrepreneurship Center Director and Manager of Operations.
- Assist with managing office work flow, including overseeing and updating (as needed) efficient systems and processes for the daily operation of the Lowth Center.
- Develop and maintain a client database for the Lowth Center.
- Coordinate communication with the Entrepreneurship Center Advisory Board.
- Organize Entrepreneurship Center Advisory Board meetings including assisting Director with the development of the agendas, taking minutes at the meetings, and coordinating the annual Advisory Board retreat. Attend meetings and events as needed, occasionally on evening or weekends.
- Assist with managing the Lowth Center room reservations
- Support the marketing efforts of the Lowth Center.
- Assist with managing calendars for the Lowth Center and Center Director.
- Participate in meetings as requested by the Center Directors and Manager.
- Interact with students, the university community and the business community on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of systems and procedures that are used in the Lowth Center.
- Maintain a file of expenditures and receipts and assist the Center Director with budgeting as needed.
- Maintain a shared drive of Center files.
- Assist the Center Manager with the Lowth Center newsletter.
- Work with the Entrepreneurship Center Director and Manager of Operations and the College of Business Coordinator of Operations to support and execute co-curricular student programs offered in the Center, including (but not limited to) the Spartan Incubator, the Spartan Accelerator, The Experiential Classroom, Today Entrepreneurial Women Speaker Series, CREATE®, Alumni Awards, the Entrepreneurship Alumni Programs, Pitch Sykes, and the CEO Council Business Plan Competition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Arts or Science preferred or 1-2 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Knowledge of social media platforms and trends (Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.).
- Ability to organize and manage an office.
- Ability to relate to students, community leaders, advisory board members, staff and others within an academic environment preferred.
- Ability to write professional business documents and assist with creating marketing documents preferred.
- Customer service skills preferred.
- Ability to assist with writing proposals preferred.
- Ability to follow budgets including budgets for events preferred.
- Ability to assist with the development of the Entrepreneurship Center brand preferred.
- Previous experience working within an academic environment with students preferred.
- Previous experience working with entrepreneurs preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the entrepreneurial process preferred.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
For further details and to apply, please visit our website at www.ut.edu/jobs
Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Tampa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.