Sales Rep. Inside Inbound Telesales & LobbyThe Olympian
The Inside Inbound Rep – Telesales and Lobby will be responsible for the Call Center, Private Party advertising via telephone or walk-in business in the lobby and advise customers on ad copy and run days. This position will also service and develop private party advertisers, smaller dollar customers, and perform cold calling. Legal and Obit notices for both locations.
- Meet assigned revenue goals on a consistent monthly basis.
- Handle customer questions and complaints, cancellations, corrections, adjustments and payment arrangements, provide extraordinary customer service and professional communication to all customers, external and internal.
- Sell additional products to each advertiser to meet assigned revenue goals in private party and small business advertisements, electronic marketing, and special feature pages.
- Proofread ads to ensure advertisements publish correctly and within company standards.
- Responsible for all Legal/Obit clerk and Telephone Sales Rep Duties for both Olympia and Tacoma locations.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the front lobby and all associated administrative tasks during scheduled hours.
- Manage front desk accounting duties including processing credit card and check payments.
- Address all incoming circulation related calls, process walk-in circulation payments, new starts and answer questions.
- Develop and maintain a deep expertise in market solutions, processes, pricing and best practices.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the minimum acceptable standards of performance specifically defined for this role.
- Consistently meet or exceed the expectations of high customer service.
- Maintain ethical relationships with advertising clients; adhere to McClatchy's Code of Conduct.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of company technology, products, and services.
- Able to make an immediate connection with clients, either in-person or on the phone.
- Exhibit technical competency.
- Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle customer complaints and/or customer credit adjustments in a timely manner.
- Ability to determine proper rates.
- Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Good spelling and grammar skills a must.
- Demonstrate positive, effective communication and the ability to learn quickly.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Quickly assimilate new policies and procedures and able to maintain a friendly, courteous demeanor when dealing with internal and external customers; ability to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong listening skills.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree plus one year of advertising sales or related experience.
- Must be competent in operating computer systems.