About The State University of New York:
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, a law school, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.3 million students in credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide are nearly $1.1 billion in fiscal year 2021, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum.
The Operations Assistant coordinates and manages various operations for SUNY's Office for Capital Facilities (OCF). This includes managing the department's newsletter and website, Executive Order reporting, travel arrangements, reimbursements paperwork, and more. The incumbent will track OCF's operating budget through BI and internal tracking workbooks and will be responsible for managing multiple listservs for the department.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform data tracking, surveys, and research for OCF staff to enhance communication to SUNY campuses
- Develop reports, training material, presentations, and formal documents for execution
- Manage activities and data for several programs including FEMA, Start-UP NY, NY Energy Manager, the Governor's executive orders, capital projects contract fees, special committee assignments and staff hiring
- Track, document, and review several operating budgets to assure adherence to the departmental supplies, travel, equipment and contract budgets in OCF
- Maintain departmental information including web presence, communication lists, new employee orientations, newsletter, spreadsheets, databases, project schedules, routine task tracking, and electronic storage of important documents
- Manage travel arrangements and documentation and supply and material processing for OCF staff
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of related work or educational experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of computer proficiency in a variety of software programs including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Access
- Previous experience working in a complex multi-disciplinary setting
- Accounting skills
- Word, Excel, and Microsoft Access Level 3 or higher certification
- Ability to independently prioritize workload and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
Starting Salary: $48,000. Final salary commensurate with qualifications.
Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals.
State Title: Staff Assistant (SL2)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online to https://sunysystem.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=159786
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references when applying. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com