Community Kitchen Custodial AssistantSquaxin Island Tribe
Community Kitchen Custodial Assistant
Events and Operations Coordinator/Manager, Janita Raham
4/5 ($15.56 an hour)
November 9, 2018
November 27, 2018
This on-call position will work closely with the Events and Operations Coordinator/Manager to complete custodial and support duties as assigned related to the Community Kitchen. This position will require a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Use exceptional customer service skills when working with the community and have an eye for detail and thoroughness.
- Present self in a professional manner.
- Provide assistance as needed.
- Custodian has the primary responsibility for cleaning the Community Kitchen in such a way to promote health and safety and thereby reducing the spread of infection and by following the cleaning check lists.
- Assist in cleaning in the Community Kitchen including, but not limited to: kitchen, dining room, bathrooms, storage areas and entrances.
- Cleans and disinfects garbage and trash cans making sure bags are changed after each event.
- Washes and sanitizes bathroom fixtures. Using germicidal solution, wet mop all washable floors prior to each event.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap dispensers.
- Reports any of the following issues as soon as possible to the Manager: the presence of animals, vermin or insects; water leaks; the need for equipment repair or other maintenance needs; any health or safety hazards observed; the need for cleaning supplies.
- Cleans and sets up the dining room prior to events.
- Vacuums all carpets as needed before and after events.
- Sweeps and clears entrance and covered exterior areas before and after events.
- Checks doors and windows to see that they are closed and locked after events.
- Meets with the Events and Operations Coordinator/Manager on a regular basis.
- Performs a variety of other related custodial tasks as assigned.
To successfully complete the duties of this position, the applicant must have exceptional customer service skills, working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment and the ability to use them economically and efficiently. Will work closely with the kitchen Manager to come up with solutions to any issues that may arise.
This position may require the flexing of hours and/or working split shifts including on weekends in order to be available during events scheduled in the kitchen. This position must be able to work with a variety of personalities and temperaments.
This position has no supervisory duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To successfully complete the duties of this position, the applicant must have great customer service skills, working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment and the ability to use them economically and efficiently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma and two years of relevant experience OR 4 years of relevant experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a current Washington State Driver’s License. Must get Food Handler’s Certification within 30 days of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear; and occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift up to 25 pounds and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. This position also requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 or more feet); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A skills assessment will be a part of the interview process.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
The successful candidate will be required to have a urinalysis for drug and alcohol screening in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Indian Preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position in accordance with the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Application packets including a resume and cover letter are accepted at the Squaxin Island Tribal Center, Human Resources office; 10 SE Squaxin Lane Shelton, WA 98584. Contact Steven Dorland, HR Assistant for more information: 360-432-3865.