Medical AssistantSkokomish Indian Tribe
The Skokomish Indian Tribe is seeking to hire Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant duties include administrative functions such as answering phones, greeting patients, processing patient medical records in the EHR/RPMS computer systems, scheduling appointments, coordination of consultations and referrals for hospitalization, specialty care, labs/x-rays, etc. appointments. Clinic support duties include taking medical histories, recording vital signs, assisting during examination, collection/preparation of lab specimens, drawing blood, taking electrocardiograms, removing sutures, etc. Must be currently credentialed in Washington State as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). A minimum of one-year experience of clinical duties is required, preferably in a clinical practice setting including pediatrics, assisting minor procedures, immunization administration, injections and medications or equivalent work. Open until filled. $18.50-$22.00 hourly DOQ.
1. High School diploma or a GED required.
2. Must be currently credentialed in Washington State as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
3. A minimum of one-year experience of clinical duties is required, preferably in a clinical
practice setting including pediatrics, assisting minor procedures, immunization
administration, injections and medications or equivalent work.
4. Must have working knowledge and be proficient in Electronic Health Records.
5. CPR and FIRST AID required at time of hire
6. Must be able to work in a team environment and be able to work varied hours when
necessary to accomplish the goals of the department.
7. Must have ability to visually distinguish colors and obtain blood samples; manual
dexterity to operate laboratory equipment and obtain samples from patients; and physical
dexterity to re-position patients to obtain blood samples.
8. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribe’s automobile
9. Candidate must have an understanding of and sensitivity to the particular problems faced
by the Native American community.
10. Must be able to work in a team environment.
11. Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR Card or ability to obtain certification within 30
days after beginning employment.
12. The selected candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen test,
and a complete finger print background investigation, including relevant criminal history,
prior to employment.
For a full job description and required application visit our website at www.skokomish.org or contact Winona Plant Personnel Manger at 360-426-4232 x2009