Lead Child Care Teacher
The Skokomish Indian Tribe is seeking to hire The Lead Child Care Teacher shall provide for successful, safe, and supervised educational setting for children while they are in the Child Care environment (classroom, outdoor play, and field trips). The Lead Child Care Teacher will promote the social, emotional, and cognitive development of the children. The Lead Child Care Teacher will organize and prepare materials required to implement daily curriculum for the Child Care classroom. The Lead Child Care Teacher will work interactively with children age 12 months to 12 years old. The Lead Child Care Teacher will supervise other staff in order to best provide quality services in a child care setting. Assist as Head Start Teacher’s Aide as directed. $14.53-$16.44 HOURLY DOE 1 FTE Open Until filled. For a full job description and required application visit our website or contact Winona Plant Personnel Manager at 360-426-4232 x2009
1. High school diploma/GED
2. Must have completed the basic 30 hours of S.T.A.R.S. Training.
3. Must obtain a CPR training and First Aid card within 60 days of hire
4. Initial Health Exam and TB Screening required before hire
5. Must obtain Food Handlers Permit. within 60 days of hire
6. Hepatitis B vaccination required before hire
7. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribe’s automobile
8. Must be able to work in a team environment.
9. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills preferred.
10. The selected candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen test,
and a complete finger background investigation, including relevant criminal history, prior