Project Manager (R22-69)
Project Manager (R22-69)
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Description of Duties:
1. Assist the directors with development and administration of HIV Studies grant and other grants
- In partnership with RF and HRI, prepare grant renewal documents, including developing detailed budget and scope of work
- Keep track of grant spending
- Promote NYSDOH/CCHRPP graduate assistantships with UAlbany SPH, Rockefeller, and other relevant graduate programs and collect applicant information, pre-screen candidates, coordinate interviews and follow up as needed.
- Complete student hiring paperwork
- Communicate with the AI supervisors and students to ensure that GA experiences are mutually beneficial
- Assist with grant development/writing to support CCHRPP programs
2. Assist the directors with administration of HIV certificate program
- Student recruitment (e.g., attending orientation and other school events to promote CCHRPP and the certificate program)
- Assist the AI with promoting the certificate among AI staff, including provision of technical assistance during application process and applications for tuition support
- Answer general questions about the certificate program
- With the director of the certificate program, develop and implement a system to track student enrollment, progress, and degree clearance
3. CCHRPP promotion through communication, marketing, and events
- With the steering committee, develop enhanced marketing strategies to garner more interest from the UAlbany community.
- Collect material, draft and disseminate the CCHRPP weekly newsletter
- Organize and maintain the CCHRPP web page, LinkedIn page, Google Scholar page, etc.
- Organize and host CCHRPP research brownbag seminar
4. Student opportunity coordination in partnership with AIDS Institute and SUNY
- Collect information on internship programs hosted by AI/CCHRPP faculty during internship selection period and host a webinar/brownbag seminar to promote these internship programs.
- Assist AI CCHRPP faculty with tracking and supporting AI interns throughout the year across all student programs, including but not limited to SPH internships, graduate assistantships, Fogarty International Training program internships, and SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University Infectious Disease Fellowship research placements.
- Coordinate activities for student interns at AI/CCHRPP institutions, including providing student orientation to selected interns, session(s) for student internship presentations, career panel/networking event(s), and other internship activities as needed
- Implement the post-internship survey with the students to improve the quality of internship support
5. Updating and tracking CCHRPP strategic and action plans
- Assist the directors and steering committee with the revision of CCHRPP strategic and action plans. Keep track of the action plan progress, make an annual report and work with the steering committee to identify next action steps
6. Develop materials for CCHRPP-related meetings
- Develop an agenda, take detailed meeting minutes to be shared and approved by the steering committee, presentation slides when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of experience in project management, including budget management
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaboratively work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Interest in infectious diseases (HIV, hepatitis, STI, and related diseases), drug user health, and health disparities
- Grant pre-award support (e.g., develop budget justification and other supportive documents)
Salary Range: $60,000 - $61,000
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156423
Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.