Web Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Web Solutions and Services
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To ensure that the website is used as an effective, strategic tool for marketing the University, and any other key online business functions within that overall responsibility. The web services manager develops and tracks analytics (provides measurement, actionable insights and recommendations regarding site performance) of PointPark.edu; assists with development, implementation and troubleshooting of web services and solutions; and trains users on the content management system.
- Bachelor’s degree (multimedia, business, computer science or related field preferred)
- Minimum of five years experience managing and supporting the technical components of an enterprise website, higher ed experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Guiding web programming and development
- Website performance testing, user testing, and website quality assurance and evaluation tools
- Administration and development of website content management systems
- Training CMS users and providing ongoing technical support
- Supporting digital marketing campaigns, including the generation of data reports, analysis and recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex data concepts in a visually engaging manner
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To lead the technical aspects of pointpark.edu, including programming, development, maintenance, performance, security and related issues, including any vendor relationships within those areas.
- To lead the continual management, evaluation and improvement of the University’s content management system, both front-end and back-end functions.
- To provide regular reporting, analysis and recommendations on website performance. Develop clear and easily understandable presentations of key findings and recommendations.
- To manage the University’s Google Analytics account, oversee the University’s work with its analytics vendor, and coordinate GA strategies and tactics with additional enrollment partners as needed.
- Assist with training and support of the University’s CMS users.
- To work collaboratively with content generators across the University to ensure that CMS and other web solutions are meeting the University’s needs.
- To supervise the multimedia editor, who supports content production for PointPark.edu and the University’s social media channels.
- Update job knowledge by tracking technology and web advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- To effectively respond to general inquiries from the University website with positive customer service.
- To process the invoices and contracts associated with the production of the University website.
- Additional related duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – WEB SERVICES MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.