****THIS POSITION IS BEING REOPENED TO INCREASE THE APPLICANT POOL, APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY AND YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED***
**This recruitment may be used to fill other Engineering Technician 2 positions at Pierce County**
Are you a dedicated professional that puts customers first, thrives in a demanding environment, and displays solid teamwork? Are you interested in being part of an energetic organization that strives to deliver timely, reliable and consistent service using the latest technology, and have fun while you're doing it?
Come work for a department that develops, trains, and promotes their employees. Join the team at Planning and Public Works, and help us build a livable Pierce County for people to Live, Work, and Play.
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer service driven, detail oriented individual to join our team as an Engineering Technician 2 in the Design Group of the Transportation Improvement Section. If you believe you have what it takes to be a part of our team, then look no more!
Learn more about our dynamic department at www.piercecountywa.org/ppw
Our next successful team member can look forward to...
- Assisting design engineers using Project Delivery techniques to perform plan layout, drafting, and design work on a variety of public works projects using computer programs (AutoCAD, Civil3D, GIS, MSExcel, MSWord, and other related engineering software).
- Performing manual and computer assisted drafting to assist in the preparation of sketches, right of way plans, and construction plans for road and storm sewer projects. Preparing sketches and report from information gathered in the field.
- Making mathematical calculations, compiles data, and computes quantity estimates.
- Establishing points and elevations, proper location and drainage for streets, storm and sanitary sewers, and structures. Plotting profiles and cross sections, computes grade lines, calculates volume and areas, and tabulates structural excavations.
- Visually inspecting initial project site and compiling field reconnaissance reports; reviewing incoming submittals for overall compliance with established policies and guidelines.
- Assisting design engineers in compiling project grant applications which include utilizing computer programs to develop graphics and researching local, state, and federal policies applicable to the grant request.
- Utilizing GIS software to import and export data applicable to transportation projects.
Our next successful team member should possess the following...
- Knowledge of mathematics, including algebra and trigonometry, and some knowledge of physics.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and equipment used in surveying, drafting and civil engineering.
- Knowledge of computerized spreadsheet and word processing applications, computer aided drafting, GIS and other related computer programs.
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans and specifications and to become familiar with engineering standards and department policies.
- Ability to understand and execute moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use independent judgment in completing assignments.
- Ability to develop new applications of existing computer programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public; ability to maintain a courteous attitude even in stressful and unpleasant situations.
- Ability to make field measurements and complete calculations using computers or calculators.
- Ability to understand and edit interactive web pages
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb, and walk on uneven terrain.
- Ability to physically perform the essential job functions.
- This announcement is not intended to reflect all duties to be performed by our next team member, but shall present a descriptive list of the range of duties that may be performed.