Advancement DirectorNOVA School
NOVA Middle School, the South Sounds only full time middle school program focused on servicing highly capable/middle school students, is seeking a dynamic, experienced advancement director to lead all our fundraising campaigns, community events, marketing and communications. Be a part of achieving NOVA's mission of fostering the joyful pursuit of intellectual, social, and emotional expansion through a challenging curriculum that nourishes highly capable middle school students to develop identity, self-empowerment, and community.
This is a high energy, joyful environment created by curious, compassionate and engaged learners and the dedicated, intentional adults who support them. Continuing the tradition of 25 years of educational leadership and community engagement, there's a strong and compelling story to tell. This key Full Time position is responsible for managing and expanding donor and alumni relations, event planning and execution, community building and stewardship, marketing and communication support especially through social media and creating and producing print materials all in support of achieving NOVA's fundraising goals. The Advancement Director serves on the NOVA administrative leadership team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of experience working in a fundraising office, school experience preferred
- Must be proficient in: Microsoft Office components, Google Suite, iMovie, Adobe InDesign, video and photo editing tools. Donor database, website CMS, and/ or SIS experience a plus.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with commitment to high level of data integrity and accuracy
- Fluency and experience with fundraising databases, confidence in learning and troubleshooting new databases
- Experience in event planning and project management
- Ability to keep information in the strictest of confidence
- Strong ability to exercise independent judgement to manage multiple projects to deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, open work environment with a sense of humor
- Ability to handle interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments in a poised and professional manner
- Collaborative attitude with a strong work ethic, energetic, flexible, positive and resourceful mind set.
This position is full time, includes benefits and begins immediately. Salary range $50K - $55K.