CYSHN Planner Principal
Job ID 58821
Location St. Paul
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Job Class: Planner Principal State
Working Title: CYSHN Planner Principal
- Who May Apply: Open to all bidders of MDH and all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Bidders will be accepted through 09/21/2022.
- Date Posted: 09/14/2022
- Closing Date: 10/14/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit:: Minnesota Department of Health
- Division/Unit: Child and Family Health / Capacity Building Unit Staff
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: Yes - Up to 25% of the time
- Salary Range: $28.96 - $42.67/hourly; $60,468 - $89,094/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Children and Youth with Special Health Needs Program at the Minnesota Department of Health is seeking a passionate, relationship-centered, and driven individual to serve as a CYSHN Planner Principal. In this position, you will coordinate community-led initiatives aimed at improving access to screening, identification, intervention, and supports for children and youth with special health needs (CYSHN) and their families.
This position will be responsible for driving change and facilitating the decision-making process for community-led, collective efforts to engage families, professionals, and other community partners to advance equity and achieve population and systems level change for CYSHN and their families. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing expertise and ensuring alignment in the implementation of CYSHN systems initiatives at the state and local levels to effectively address gaps and barriers impacting the health, development, and well-being of CYSHN and their families, especially those from populations that have been traditionally underserved or marginalized.
- Providing leadership in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating program goals and objectives.
- Coordinating and managing the administration of grants with organizations and local agencies serving CYSHN and their families.
- Assisting in preparing and writing grant proposals, continuing applications, manuscripts, and reports to ensure sustainability of our work.
- Facilitating and expanding CYSHN partnerships.
Three (3) years professional experience in planning, implementing, and administering public health or related programs.
Experience in these areas must be clearly stated on your resume to be considered:
- Working with children and youth with special health needs and their families.
- Coordinating or participating on community coalitions, advisory councils, or other diverse stakeholder teams.
Bachelor’s degree may substitute for one year of experience; Master’s degree may substitute for 18 months of experience.
- Federal, state, and local policies and programs pertaining to health and well-being of children and youth with special health needs and their families.
- Organizing and leading diverse internal/external stakeholder teams and supporting community-led projects.
- Advanced degree in public health or related.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in project management, strategic planning, coalition building, and program/policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Ability to apply critical analysis, problem-solving, priority-setting, conflict management, group facilitation and negotiation skills, and knowledge of public health to promote the state/community partnership and support community-led initiatives.
- Ability to review and evaluate technical reports and planning documents.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
Why Work For Us
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employee longevity and job satisfaction.
We offer a competitive benefits package including employee and family health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, health promotion programs, pre-tax benefits, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, deferred compensation, retirement benefits, and more!
How to Apply
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Elizabeth Huckins at email@example.com.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job Posting ID number to Elizabeth
Huckins at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.