Office and Admin Specialist Int
Working Title: Office and Admin Specialist Int
Job Class: Office and Administrative Specialist, Intermediate
Agency: Administration Dept
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 05/15/2023
- Closing Date: 06/05/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept / Administration-AFSCME
- Division/Unit: Real Estate Business Service
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $18.55 - $24.60 / hourly; $38,732 - $51,364 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
- Work Area: Real Estate Business Services
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged, and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
The Real Estate and Construction Services Division manages over 400 construction projects and 800 property leases annually. Overall, the state has a real property footprint that includes 5,585 buildings and gross square feet and acreage equaling about 5.5% of the state.
Under this division, this position works in the Business Services unit where you will provide coordination and verification of pay request compliance documentation to complete division work and meet statutory payment requirements. You will maintain the division’s records retention and archiving program, maintain “prevailing wage” documents, create and maintain the division’s consultant and construction contract files, and provide back-up office support functions to division and unit.
This position is eligible for either a full-time or hybrid telework arrangement. Onsite attendance is required twice per month, i.e., the first and third Tuesday of each month, for team meetings and as requested by management to meet business needs. Teleworking employees are required to live in Minnesota or a bordering state in a county along the Minnesota state line.
- Data entry skills sufficient to create, enter, and process data and information records.
- Word processing skills sufficient to use software to create, format, edit, print, and save a variety of documents, including spreadsheets, tables, charts, and graphs.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Accounting skills sufficient to reconcile differences between invoices, receipts and purchase orders, and estimate needs based on historical data and events affecting the account.
- Math skills sufficient to calculate, review, and reconcile financial data and balance accounts.
- Skill in computerized billing systems sufficient to enter and access information and identify and adjust for potential problems.
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide prompt, courteous, and accurate information in-person, on the phone, and through email and other written correspondence.
- Skill in using business English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to write and edit reports, letters, and other documents.
- Knowledge of English sufficient to read, explain, and interpret laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Accounting experience, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing.
- Experience in State fiscal systems such as SWIFT, SEMA4, SWIFT Data Warehouse, Document Direct, or other comparable systems.
- Skills with MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy working with numbers and crucial recordkeeping on a daily basis.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities to complete assignments within established timeframes.
- Skill in developing and implementing administrative and program policies, procedures, and service standards in cooperation with management.
- Experience with SharePoint or comparable document management platform.
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is occasionally necessary in performing job duties and responsibilities.
Successful applicant must pass a criminal background check through American Databank and employment reference checks.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 65602. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Ly Her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-2434.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title, and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Ly Her at email@example.com.
About the Department of Administration
The Department of Administration is a core service agency serving the Governor, Legislature, state agencies, local governments, and the public. Our mission is to provide leadership, innovation, solutions, and support to help our partners succeed. To learn more about us, please visit mn.gov/admin.
Why Work For Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
• 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
• 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
• 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
• 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
• Public pension plan
• Training and professional development
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays each year
• Paid parental leave
• Low-cost medical and dental coverage
• Prescription drug coverage
• Vision coverage
• Wellness programs and resources
• Employer paid life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Health care spending and savings accounts
• Dependent care spending account
• Tax-deferred compensation
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources, and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what assistance is needed.