JBLM- Child & Youth Services Job Fair. Tuesday, June 26th- 8am-3pmJoint Base Ft. Lewis/McChord
BLM Human Resources Office is sponsoring a CYS Job Fair! Come to Eagles Pride Golf Course Tuesday, June 26. CYS is currently recruiting for the position of Child & Youth Program Assistants (for child development centers, school-age care; before/after-school & camps).
Recruitment schedule of events is as follows:
8-10 a.m.: Applicants submit applications and resumes
9:45 a.m.- 3 p.m.: CYS facility managers conduct initial interviews and NAF HR extends tentative job offers
Interested applicants should bring their Social Security card, birth certificate or passport and four references (names and phone numbers). Applicants need to submit TWO paper applications at the Recruitment Fair! Tentative job offers will also be extended at this hiring event, as well as all background checks. Download DA Form 3433 from http://jblmmwr.com/pdf/community_fliers/acs/2016/Mar/DAform3433.pdf
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Able to lift 40 pounds.
• Possess a high school diploma.
• Able to communicate (verbal & written) in English.
• Favorable completion of pre-employment and background checks.
Hourly rates of pay based on qualifications:
CYPA: Entry, $13.38; Skill, $14.74; Target: $16.54
Benefits of working at Joint Base Lewis-McChord/US Government:
• Free on-the-job early childhood education training that can be used for college credit and job advancement.
• Free use of fully equipped sports & fitness centers and pools, including free aerobics and fitness classes.
• Full access to leisure activities (bowling, golf, American Lake recreation, skate parks, beachside picnic areas, on-base dining, special events and festivals).
• Discount tickets to popular attractions across the U.S., movies, sports and more.
• Inexpensive recreational rentals for camping, hiking, snow sports, water fun, parties, sports, RV traveling and other outdoor recreation.
• Access to guided group trips and other outdoor adventures through the outdoor recreation program.
• Access to outdoor recreation areas (skeet & trap range, ATV course, Solo Point recreation area, marina, Shoreline Park and on-base cabin rentals and travel camps.)
• Full use of self-help auto centers, arts & crafts center, recreation centers, used-car buy-and-sell lots, library programs, parent-and-child play centers and more.
• Regular full-time and part-time employees also receive retirement benefits, health benefits, vacation and sick leave.