Payroll Transaction Analyst
Payroll Transaction Analyst
Payroll Services at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Payroll Transaction Analyst. The primary objective of this position is to ensure accuracy and data integrity of all compensation, employment and benefit related data for all faculty, staff, wage and student employees, including VSDP payments, graduate assistantships and non-resident alien scholarship payments by analyzing data, researching problems and applying university, state and federal policies, procedures and tax laws.
JMU offers excellent comprehensive benefits which include paid vacation, sick, parental, and community service leave in addition to 19 paid holidays a year; affordable health insurance; retirement through the Virginia Retirement System. We also offer a work-life balance and integration program, Balanced Dukes, that is designed to support and enhance the overall wellbeing of our employees and a Tuition Waiver Program that allows employees to have tuition waived for undergraduate and graduate level courses taken at JMU. Visit our Prospective Employee site to learn more about what makes James Madison University a great place to work!
The Payroll Transaction Analyst will analyze, audit and verify that all compensation, employment and benefit forms comply with university, state and federal policies, procedures and tax laws. This position will also research and resolve discrepancies and communicate with employees, Human Resources, Student Workforce Employment Center (SWEC), the Graduate Office and the initiating departments to ensure accuracy and data integrity of all payroll related data for faculty, staff, wage, non-resident scholarships, graduate assistantships and student employees.
Competitive candidates are required to possess the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures, general accounting practices and federal/state tax regulations.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituents (orally and in writing).
- Ability to uphold a high level of accuracy and data integrity.
- Ability to work with a team and independently when necessary.
- Proven customer service skills.
- PeopleSoft HRMS experience
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.