Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
The George Mason University Department of Fiscal Services, invites applications for a Business Systems Analyst. The Business Systems Analyst provides a bridge between the functional business experts in Fiscal Services and other University units and departments, and the ITS technical solution experts to facilitate the strategic transformation of Fiscal Services and other University processes. The Business Systems Analyst works to determine the best solution available for the business challenges, including, but not limited to: Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Workflow and other Automation technologies, Reporting, and Business Process Redesign (BPR).
- Apply functional, analytic, and technical skills to support the Fiscal Services Program Office in delivering technical solutions for business problems both within Fiscal Services and across the University;
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts in Fiscal Services and throughout the University to gather requirements, and analyze processes to determine technical solutions needed;
- Support or lead the deployment of automations, workflow, and other system solutions;
- Assist in technical support of existing systems and operations, with an extensive understanding of the business processes and priorities involved in the process; and
- Assist with projects initiated as part of Mason’s Automation Center of Excellence, gather and document process and business requirements, propose process designs suitable to automation, validate the automation solution, and monitor KPIs for the automation Center of Excellence.
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, computer information systems, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Demonstrated experience working with Accounting, Information Systems, or a related area (generally two or more years);
- Comprehensive knowledge of a major ERP package with a preference for experience working with Ellucian Banner; and
- Demonstrated, functional knowledge of financial business practices.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem-solving;
- SQL skills with working knowledge of any major commercial database;
- Experience in a customer-facing position with demonstrated communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment across business and technical communities; and
- Experience with RPA or other automation tools a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03325Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.