Associate Director of JD Admissions
Associate Director of JD Admissions
The George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School, invites applicants with outstanding communication skills to work in the Admissions Office as the Associate Director of JD Admissions. The Associate Director serves as a key member of the Admissions team.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the School:
George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is located in Arlington, VA, just two miles from downtown Washington, D.C. Antonin Scalia Law School is a Top 50 law school. A relatively young law school, Scalia Law offers students an opportunity to pursue a JD, JM, or an LLM.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective student inquiries via in-person, phone, video conferencing, and email;
- Manage on-campus recruitment program for prospective students including class observation, law school tours, and on-campus tours; plan and coordinate all prospective student recruitment events including in-person information sessions and virtual recruitment events; provide weekly reports to the Assistant Dean regarding the on-campus recruitment program;
- Manage Scalia Law School’s Student Ambassador program to include supervising student ambassadors;
- Represent Scalia Law School at in-person and virtual law school recruitment events;
- Participate in Scalia Law’s JD application review process; interview and evaluate candidates for admissions; responsible for reading and reviewing a significant number of applications;
- Assist with scholarship administration for incoming and returning students; serve as an active member of the Scholarship Committee and provide recommendations of scholarship; serve as a liaison between the Admissions Office and the Office of Financial Aid.
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience (typically 1-3 years); or equivalent combination of education and experience; advance degree preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in the admissions field and working with diverse students;
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, including ability to give presentations to large groups;
- Strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills that indicate an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively and utilize a range of communication channels with students, faculty, administrators, staff, and members of the community from a wide and diverse background;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- JD or a graduate degree in related field;
- Experience in admissions, recruitment, enrollment management, higher education, or a legal setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03173Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.