Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Collaborates with the leadership team, strand leaders, and Course Directors with day-to-day activities within the Primary Care Clinical Courses to ensure compliance with the goals and objectives of the medical school and the policies of the Curriculum Committee. Works with clinical faculty and hospital staff to ensure efficiency of the clinical rotations at each site and that students are compliant with the accreditation requirements of each clinical site.
- Prepares teaching materials and teaching schedules for the course session in a timely fashion, maintains a common template appearance of materials across courses. Maintains an understanding of the curricular goals, policies, and standards of the individual courses, departments, and medical school. Participates in the preparation of Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) accreditation materials when necessary for his/her department.
- Assists with medical student participation in simulated learning activities at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus. Assists in preparation of simulated cases and incorporates new clinical material as required. Assist with Objective Structured Clinical Evaluations (OSCE), and collating evaluations. Ensures compliance with HWCOM policies and procedures and institutional objectives.
- Monitors Clerkship curriculum assessment methods for adherence to the assessment methods developed within the school and enters grades as needed on CanvasMed. Checks E*Value for student compliance with core cases/procedures. Checks the performance of each student and compiles appropriate written documentation for the individual Clerkship Directors and the Strand Leader for Clinical Medicine. Uses data to create both short-term and long-term reports and trend analysis.
- Assists with curriculum mapping and curriculum data for financial reports (e.g., instructional worksheets) of the Primary Care Clinical courses. Acts as back up for the Assistant Director of Academic Services in their absence .
- Supports course/program orientations for Course Directors, preceptors, and students, including gathering, preparing, and distributing materials, and facilitating follow-up items. Provides administrative support in the classroom, including assisting with computer and classroom set up and administrating exams.
- Acts as a liaison for faculty preceptors and hospital staff/administrators at respective clinical sites. Serves as liaison to the faculty and clinical site administration to ensure efficient operation of the clinical courses. Provides information on relevant courses and schedules meetings with Course Directors.
- Transcribes evaluations and provides support in the maintenance of course/clerkship syllabi and student materials and records using the appropriate educational information technology systems.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Travels between Modesto A. Maidique campus and respective clinical site (s) as needed.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 528676. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.