Office Specialist (528292)
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an Office Specialist to join our team of professionals.
- Performs clerical duties to include answering telephone calls, filing, data entry, research, compiling data, and creating spreadsheets.
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating conferences, meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for assigned department faculty and clinical staff. Ensures meeting calendar invites are up to par and confirms meeting appointments prior to scheduled meetings.
- Supports the facilitation of patient engagement and follow-up with behavioral health providers.
- Organizes trainings including composing and/or preparing a wide variety of materials and presentation. Edits content and adds appropriate graphic and design elements.
- Provides technical assistance for the various pediatric primary care practice sites.
- Creates and tracks purchases and submits for processing in collaboration with the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine Finance team.
- Maintains solid relationships with assigned faculty, staff, primary pediatric practice sites, and behavioral health sites.
- Supports the creation of questionnaires, Behavioral Health Integration Plans, Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA), training surveys, satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Prepares, compiles, and sorts documents for data entry. Obtains further information for incomplete documents. Enters data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms. Transcribes information into required electronic format.
- Supports the creation of reports and analysis of data. Generates reports from single or multiple systems.
- Drives between campuses and affiliated sites as needed.
- Works with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons within the affiliated pediatric clinical sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related.
High school diploma or GED and five (5) years of office or related experience providing administrative support or coordinating functions of an office or department.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 528292. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.