Marketing & Communications Manager - 528930
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Marketing & Communications Manager - 528930
Develops and executes strategic communication plans that advance the objectives of FIU including student success, affinity, and rankings.
- Develops and executes strategic communication plans for special projects and initiatives, including digital marketing, media and public relations. Analyzes campaign performance and makes recommendations to adjust strategy.
- Collaborates with other units such as AIM to compile reports.
- Exercises judgement and keeps the Executive Team abreast of any Divisional operational issues.
- Serves as the primary contact and liaison for the Division's Executive team for internal and/or external constituents.
- Reviews final copy/content/design for select projects.
- Maintains frequent contact with academic and administrative officers and maintains flexibility and sensitivity to establish and maintain the necessary rapport with all levels of personnel and external constituents.
- Develops and executes marketing plans for strategic student success and admission initiatives, including brand, media placement and customer journey.
- Develops or suggests enhancements and improvements to marketing materials (website, banner, directory copy, email, landing pages, brochure, e-newsletter, print, trade-show/conference, white paper, podcast, webinar, and demos) with the goal of increasing brand awareness, acquisition, and retention.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Media/Public Relations, Communications or appropriate degree and three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Experience developing and executing strategic marketing campaigns.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Operating University Vehicles (all types)
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 528930
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.