||Office Assistant 2
||MPA Office Assistant 2
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or status as a protected veteran. For more information regarding Evergreen’s non-discrimination policies or to report discrimination, please visit the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity webpage at www.evergreen.edu/equalopportunity or contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Officer at (360) 867-5371, Room 3102 Library Building, 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, Olympia, WA 98505.
|Salary Step (minimum monthly amount)
|Salary Step (maximum monthly amount)
||This is a cyclic position working 11 months per year with July off (health care benefits paid year round).
This is a half-time (20 hour per week), overtime-eligible position in the Master in Public Administration (MPA) Program on the Olympia Campus of The Evergreen State College. This is a cyclic position working 11 months per year with July off (health care benefits paid year round).
This position provides clerical support to the MPA program staff, faculty, students, and prospective students to support the administrative efficiency of the program. The incumbent performs record-keeping, updates and tracks information, and assists in all aspects of the flow of information. Other responsibilities include updating the website and online catalog and event planning support and attendance. This position reports to the Director, MPA.
|Nature and Scope
• Update Banner with current student and prospective student information.
• Follow up on prospective student emails, phone calls, and inquiries in CRM (Radius) by answering routine questions and providing basic information; route inquiries as necessary.
• Use Radius to look up applicant data, such as name and contact information.
• Enter prospective student contact information in Radius.
• Create, maintain, and archive student paper files as needed.
• Review files at the end of the year to remove and refile graduates.
• Look up student academic progress information and update the appropriate files.
• Assist staff and faculty with alumni relations projects, including alumni outreach and engagement through email, phone, and in-person interactions, updating alumni information, and assisting with alumni networking events, mentorship activities, etc.
• Perform some communications and social media tasks, such as posting content to MPA blog and social media outlets, assisting MPA Director with Annual Report, and helping MPA Assistant Directors with weekly student newsletter.
• Manage MPA course information:
o Update course schedule every quarter and as needed and post updates to the MPA website.
o Request classroom space.
o Request syllabi and course descriptions from faculty and post them online.
• Help facilitate special student registration by acting as the contact person for students, faculty, and Registration.
• Assemble and mail packets to prospective students.
• Assist adjunct faculty regarding keys, classroom locations, photocopying, etc.
• Provide support for MPA events such as Hooding Ceremony, New Student Orientation, academic fairs, symposia, and other events including schedule space, reserve equipment, order catering, create program and name tags, etc.
• Implement and tally Annual MPA Student Survey.
• Make photocopies.
• Run errands.
• Order office supplies.
• Schedule meetings for MPA staff and faculty.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal communication, public relations, and customer service skills both in person, over the phone, and by email.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a highly distracting, open office environment.
• Ability to remain knowledgeable about the curriculum and the campus to be able to answer and redirect a high number of contacts on a daily basis.
• Knowledge of higher education in general and specifically what is available regarding Evergreen courses and programs.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals, including students, staff, faculty, and the public.
• Excellent awareness for and sensitivity to social and cultural diversity.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Excellent skill and ability with computers and programs, including Microsoft Office, Banner, Radius, WordPress, website updating program, and room scheduling program; ability to learn new programs as needed.
• Ability to enter data quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records.
• Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods and operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to create, organize, and maintain electronic and paper files.
• Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
• Ability to move boxes of recruitment/print materials, office supplies, etc. often weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
• One year of experience working in an office environment with frequent public contact.
• Experience working with faculty and students in an educational setting.
|Conditions of Employment
• Must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three days of beginning work.
• This position is part of a bargaining unit and covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
• Must be able to work some evenings and/or weekends.
A full state benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For more information about Evergreen’s excellent employee benefits, please view http://www.evergreen.edu/payroll/benefits.htm