Civil Rights OfficerEvergreen State College
Civil Rights Officer
(part-time, on-call position)
The Evergreen State College, Human Resource Service office seeks a part-time, on-call Civil Rights Officer to support The Evergreen State College's goal of resolving internal conflict in the most appropriate forum, at the lowest possible level, and whenever possible, in a cooperative rather than an adversarial spirit. This position will conduct investigations under the institution's non-discrimination policy, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct policy, equal opportunity program, and other applicable policies; investigate complaints of retaliation against employees who file and/or are otherwise involved in complaints; document findings of the investigations; interpret state and federal laws as they relate to those cases; and make recommendations for resolution and remedies to prevent recurrence.
Hours per week will vary and rate of pay is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Three years of professional experience conducting workplace non-discrimination or sexual harassment policy related investigations including preparing written reports, documenting findings, and proposing recommendations to prevent recurrence.
· Advanced degrees and/or related professional certification.
· Experience with workplace non-discrimination or sexual harassment policy related investigations in a higher education setting.
· Professional experience in conflict resolution and mediation.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three days of beginning work.
· Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
E-mail a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Persons needing disability accommodation in the staff application process may contact Human Resource Services at (360) 867-5361 (voice) or e-mail a request to email@example.com.