CAMPUS EVENTS COORDINATOR
CAMPUS EVENTS COORDINATOR
Bridgewater College is seeking a creative, dynamic, and organized individual to serve as the Campus Events Coordinator. Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Special Events, this new position contributes to the overall operation of the Campus Events Program. The Campus Events Program is a liaison to campus partners and student organizations for event approval, venue reservations, and other logistical needs. Campus Events also serves as an internal resource for faculty, staff, and students, providing consultation and guidance to plan specific or campus-wide events.
The Campus Events Coordinator:
- Maintains the master calendar and room reservations for all spaces on campus
- Helps facilitate weekly events meeting with Parkhurst Dining, Facilities, Housekeeping, Athletics, Alumni and Student Life.
- Supports Associate Director of Special Events in managing and overseeing Guest Relations Associates
- Completes work orders, diagrams, and any additional requests in all campus functions.
- Supports key campus events by coordinating details including nametags, menus, place cards and centerpieces
- Supervises the setup, greeting of guests, and teardown of events across campus.
- Works with external vendors and contract development for events, as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years event planning experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sound judgement, initiative and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in teams, take direction from multiple sources and coordinate multiple activities at a time
- Successful management of multiple priorities with accurate and timely results
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:
Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years.
The reports are available at https://bridgewater.box.com/s/4ma6tlh30y8cat9un192ugo3dm6n29y9.
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761