Commercial Loan Documentation SpecialistBank of the Pacific
This position of Loan Documentation Specialist's primary responsibility is to prepare various types of new and renewed commercial, consumer, SBA and participation loan documentation, Letters of Credit and Business Loan Agreements in accordance with Banks lending policies and procedures. Ensure lien perfection on all collateral, complete loan booking, maintenance, process various loan disbursements and ongoing credit line advances and payment processing. Set up, Image and maintain loan files, monitor pending loan items, process loan pay-offs and ongoing tracking of insurance and collateral. This position also requires a high level of customer service and the ability to work in a team environment.
Education / Experience:
- 3-5 years Loan experience with Commercial and/or Consumer properties utilizing Laser Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of loan documentation and government regulations pertaining to loan documents.
- Knowledge of lending operations, loan processing and credit policies and procedures.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
1. Provide superior customer service to customers and internal staff.
2. Ability to read and understand title policies, environmental reports and appraisals for accuracy while mitigating risk for the bank.
3. Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks under tight time frames.
4. High level of accuracy and attention to detail being aware to verify and double check work.
5. Ability to accept instruction, prioritize and follow through on work assignments with minimal supervision.
6. Self-motivated with good communications and people skills.
7. Able to communicate in an effective manner that facilitates clear understanding.
8. A positive team outlook and an ability to work well with others.
9. Works well under pressure with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
10. Excellent computer skills using Microsoft office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
11. Professional conduct which includes a neat and corporate appearance, including punctuality and excellent attendance.
- Reviews and validates loan applications, approvals, corporate good standings, OFAC searches, UCC searches, credit reports, appraisals, title reports, flood determinations, leases, titles and other required documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to preparing loan documents.
- Facilitates smooth and timely processing of all loan requests; coordinates with other loan personnel around special requests or problems that develop during processing.
- Prepares documentation for all types of new and renewing commercial and consumer loans, including SBA, participation loans, and letters of credit, in accordance with all bank policies and procedures.
- Completes booking, disbursing and maintenance of all loans on bank computer systems, including input of pending loan items, online collateral filing and insurance tracking.
- Perfect and ensure all documentation and collateral is complete to avoid technical exceptions and potential loss to the bank.
- Process payments and advances on participation loans including processing daily wire remittance, maintain constant contact with participation bank to assure loans are kept in balance at all times.
- Process advances, payments and Borrowing Base Adjustments as approved and requested by Lenders.
- Maintain pending report daily as items are received and follow up on outstanding loan items are tracked and filed on a regular basis to ensure completeness of loan files.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of customer information.
- Calculate insurance and tax reserves, if required, to ensure sufficient impound accounts are collected at closing.
- Other duties include accounts payable of 3rd party vendors for loan expenses. Daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations and monitoring of ban-control accounts and general ledgers.
- Reporting of all advances, payments, and rate changes are also reported to Colson Services monthly on all SBA loans.