Accounts Payable SpecialistBank of the Pacific
Accounts Payable Specialist
Department: Administration Accounting
Reports to: Accounting Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-exempt
Grade: Salary grade based upon an applicant’s experience at hiring and allows for progression within the position. The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director.
Statement of Hire:
At Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
This position performs the duties for accounts payable for the Bank. The Accounts Payable position processes all bank invoices and employee expense reimbursements.
- Reviews invoices and determines appropriate expense type.
- Obtains necessary approvals.
- Process invoices in the Accounts Payable System.
- Selects the payables for payment by check, ACH, or Direct Deposit.
- Prepares payments for corporate business VISA.
- Prepares payments for staff reimbursements.
- Posts General Ledger entries as needed.
- Prepares Directors fees for payment.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files and maintains accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Resets various passwords as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of accounting and accounts payable
- Understanding of the bank policies and procedures
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Effective oral communication skills
- Sound reasoning and judgment
- Excellent customer service skills
- 10-key calculator skills
- Banking experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Periodic travel may be required
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Ability to operate basic office machines
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to HumanResources@BankofthePacific.com.
Please reference the position title and location in your subject line.