IT Project Manager
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking applicants for an IT Project Manager position. The IT Project Manager plans, manages, and supports complex IT projects across the campus while promoting project management principles within the IT organization.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Some positions at Auburn University may be eligible for hybrid work schedules and are subject to change or transition to a full-time on-site schedule at any time.
The individual in this position will:
- Define project scope, objectives, and success indicators and manages projects from intake through final implementation. Develops detailed work plans, monitors schedules, and provides projected cost and personnel estimates.
- Serve as a single point of contact for all team members and stakeholders and is responsible for all aspects of the planning, development, and implementation of assigned projects.
- Identify procedural improvements and implement new processes to create efficiency within the Project Management Office.
- Coordinate with managers and directors in both technical and functional areas to obtain required resources.
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks; track and review deliverables related to projects.
- Support quality control objectives within the project deliverables in order to provide the most successful implementation.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand technical issues when working with developers, exercise diplomacy among stakeholders when conflicts arise, and utilize effective communication skills across the organization.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Years of Experience: Five (5) years of experience
Area of Experience:Five years of project management experience with a strong understanding of the implementation of the Project Management Life Cycle and industry-accepted PM Methodology. Strong MS Office suite skills and widely-used PM computer-based tools knowledge (MS Project, etc.) and Internet-based management of projects (WBS/Visio, etc.). Experience must show progressively increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate must have:
- A strong understanding of the Project Management Life Cycle and an ability to demonstrate the use of multiple PM methodologies.
- Skilled within the Microsoft Office suite, proficiency with project management tools, and experience with proven project management methodology.
- An ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization in a clear, concise, professional, and accurate manner.
- The ability to articulate technical concepts effectively to non-technical customers.
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet prescribed deadlines.
- General knowledge of Windows, client server environment, network concepts, cloud based technologies, and an ability/desire to learn emerging technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or Business Administration desired.
- Experience in higher education desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated ongoing project management training.
- PM certification desired
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29957