Cybersecurity Analyst (SOC)
Cybersecurity Analyst (SOC)
Requisition Number S1559P
Under general direction and supervision, the SOC Analyst will be responsible for all the Tier 1 and lower-level Tier 2 tasks in the Security Operations Center (SOC). The tasks can range from various proactive, reactive, and support services in collaboration with the Cybersecurity team. The primary task will be to monitor activity and properly respond to malicious activity based on playbooks and the Incident Response Plan. Other duties may involve a range of activities as needed – such as threat hunting, testing playbooks, and assisting with various cybersecurity projects.
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Investigate triaged events and incidents using SIEM technologies, Endpoint Detection and Response platforms, and various cybersecurity tools.
- Analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Support Incident Response Plan through Tier one support of activities surrounding following the PICERL model; Preparation, Identification, Containment, Eradication, Recovery & Lessons Learned.
- Maintain knowledge with current emerging technologies and advancements within Information Security
- Perform all assigned work to meet expected delivery and schedules and perform other duties in the realm of support and proactive services as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- No specific discipline. Degree in Computer Science or IT related field is preferred.
- 3 years of Experience
- Experience detecting and monitoring key security tools, including but not limited to SIEM, anti-malware, forensics.
- High School diploma and 11 years of relevant cyber experience required OR
- Associate’s degree and 7 years of relevant cyber experience required OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant cyber experience required
- When a candidate has the required experience, but lacks the required education, they may normally apply additional relevant experience toward the education requirement, at a rate of two (2) years relevant experience per year of required education.
- General technical skills, includes TCP/IP knowledge, networking and security product experience.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Experience with ticket-management and help-desk systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and works well in a team environment.
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products continuously improve these skills.
- Basic knowledge of SIEM Technologies
- Knowledge of SIEM tools and processes with a strong understanding how a SIEM aggregates data multiple sources to analyze that data to catch abnormal behavior or potential cyberattacks.
- Cybersecurity certification is not required at this level. Advancement to the next level will require an industry recognized cybersecurity certification.
- Security+, CySA+ or other entry level cybersecurity certification or above
- Network Event Analysis, Threat Analysis, and/or Intelligence Analysis
- Basic experience with the following Operating Systems is recommended but not required: Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Debian), iOS (current versions), Android OS (current versions), macOS (current versions)
Salary Range $59,700 - $89,600
Link for Posting https://www.auemployment.com/postings/28731
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.